The Model J is an industrial-duty jackshaft door opener, as manufactured by The Chamberlain Group, Inc. and is for use on vertical or high lift sectional doors, rolling doors, and grilles. It is rated for 25 cycles per hour during peak periods. Up to 80-90 cycles/day.
- Drive system: chain hoist
- Voltage/phase :
115/230 V 1 phase
208/230/460 V 3 phase
575 V 3 phase
- Horsepower: available in ½, ¾, and 1 h.p.
- Minimum side room required: 20″
- Continuous-duty high-starting hoist operator with instant reverse.
- Removable hinged electrical box cover.24V NEC Class 2 Circuit with 40 VA transformer
- Capacitor start on single-phase.
- The motor is removable without affecting limit switch settings.
- All operators are factory preset to C2 wiring, providing momentary contact to open and stop, with constant contact to close. Monitored entrapment protection, using approved photo sensors CPS-U are standard. All other wiring types, B2, T, TS and FSTS, can be selected with the selection of a switch. LiftMaster CPS-UN4 and CPS-RPEN4 photo sensors or a monitored 4-wire sensing edge (via a CPS-EI Edge Interface Card) are optional. Logic 4.0 door openers can only accept UL-approved LiftMaster CPS-U, CPS-UN4, CPS-RPEN4 or CPS-EI monitored entrapment protection devices.
- Universal mount frame design.
- First-stage heavy-duty 5L V-Belt; second and third stages #48 chain; #50 drive chain.
- Industrial ball bearings on 1″ output shaft; heavy-duty oil-filled iron bearings on reduction shafts.
- Adjustable friction clutch helps protect against major damage to door and opener should the door meet an obstruction.
- Provides emergency manual operation using an electrically interlocked floor level disconnect and chain hoist mechanism.
- Motor overload protection.
- NEMA 1 type electrical box, heavy-duty 11-gauge steel frame with the durable powder coat finish, all reduction sprockets drilled and pinned to shafts.
- 1.5-second delay-on-reverse circuit to prevent premature door and opener wear.
- The Timer-to-Close automatically closes the door – programmable in 1-second or 15-second increments.
- The mid-stop stops the door at programmable mid-stop during open travel.
- The Maximum Run Timer signals the door to reverse or stop if the closing time exceeds maximum by more than 10 seconds.
- Maintenance alert system (5 000 to 10 000 cycles).
- UL and CSA listed.
- 2-year warranty.
YOUR SECURITY, OUR PRIORITY!
CPS® Commercial Protector System®
The presence of primary entrapment protection is standard CPS-U for all modes. Primary entrapment protection devices are monitored continuously to insure safe operation of the door and limit door opener functionality should an obstruction be detected or in the event of device failure. Optional LiftMaster Monitored Entrapment Protection devices, CPS-UN4, CPS-RPEN4 and CPS-EI, are designed to work in conjunction with LiftMaster commercial door openers to provide enhanced door safety and a broad range of modes and features to end users. Either monitored photo-sensor or monitored 4-wire sensing edge (in conjunction with the CPS-EI Edge Interface) protection may be selected, but one must be detected by the LiftMaster Logic 4.0 or Medium-Duty Logic circuit board in order to unlock full functionality.
PosiLoc® Mechanical Brake System
Self-locking mechanical reduction system functions as a holding brake.
Garage doors and garage door openers can be dangerous if not installed and verified by a professional and not used properly . Children must be supervised by an adult when they are inside or in proximity of the garage.
INCLUDED WITH THE LIFTMASTER J DOOR OPENER
Elite LiftMaster Model J Operator
- Chain Tensioner
- 3-Button Control Station
- Receiver included (transmitter in option)
- Hardware bag for installation (includes all necessary hardware for installation)
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES FOR THE LIFTMASTER J DOOR OPENER
LiftMaster Internet Gateway™ (828LM)
|This revolutionary new accessory features built-in MyQ™ technology that connects to the Internet and allows you to monitor and operate your garage door opener, or turn on or off lights in or around your home, from anywhere in the world by using your smartphone or computer. It utilizes a two-way communication system that puts freedom and control in your hands.
3-Button Remote Control (813LM)
3-Buttons Premium Remote Control (895MAX)
|Now it’s easy to find the right button on your remote control, even in the dark. The sleek design of the 3-Button Premium Remote Control from LiftMaster® includes bright blue LED buttons for easy night operation. Another convenience feature is its built-in MyQ™ enabled technology that allows you to control up to three LiftMaster® garage door openers or gate operators, or MyQ™ enabled light accessories. And for added security, it is equipped with Security+2.0™ rolling code technology that uses a new code at every click, making it virtually impossible for anyone to steal your remote control signal.
3-Button Visor Remote Control (893MAX)
|This powerful multi-door control can operate up to 3 garage door openers, gate operators, or MyQ® enabled light accessories. Plus, it’s compatible with all LiftMaster® garage door openers manufactured since 1993.
3-Button Mini Remote Control (890MAX)
|If you’re always on the go, the LiftMaster® 3-Button Mini Remote Control will fit your busy lifestyle. It’s small enough to fit right on your keychain, or in your purse or pocket, so you’ll always have it when you come home. It can control up to three garage door openers or gate operators, or MyQ™ enabled light accessories. For added safety, it features Security+2.0™ rolling code technology that virtually eliminates interference and sends a brand new code every time it is used.
Wireless Keyless Entry System (877MAX)
|Open or close your garage door without using a remote control or key. The LiftMaster® Wireless Keyless Entry System can open the door using a private 4-digit code you program directly into the unit. You can also program it with temporary access codes for visitors or delivery and service personnel so they can gain access to your garage without having to give them your personal code. Plus, it works with all LiftMaster® garage door openers manufactured since January 1993.
Mushroom Button Control Station
Red/Green Traffic Light
|Indicates gate or door position. Provides assurance of safe entering and exiting of the facility, reducing the potential for costly accidents.
Commercial Protector System® (CPS-UN4)
|CPS-RPEN4 Retro-Reflective Photo Eye makes installs faster and simpler, by only having wiring on one side of door and Reflector on the other. Range of 50 feet in most cases. NEMA-4 rated.
|If CPS-U / CPS-UN4 photo sensors are present, a non-monitored 2-wire electric edge or pneumatic (air hose) edge may be used as ancillary protection devices.
Rolling Door Interlock Switch
|Interlock switch disables the operator control circuit when a manual door lock is engaged, preventing damage to the door and opener.
|Heavy-duty solenoid-actuated brake
Emergency Egress Device
|Faceplate mounts flush on wall and contains pull handle to disconnect door opener from grille. Allows the door to be opened manually or by spring tension.
Vehicle detection system
|(65-8202) Pneumatic Sensing Edge Kit with exterior air switch, 2-wire coil cord and 14′ air hose.
(65-5202) Pneumatic Sensing Edge Kit with exterior air switch, 2-wire take-up reel (20′ extended) and 14′ air hose.
|(71-6023)For 1″ shafts. Recommended to properly tension drive chain between operator shaft and door shaft.
(71-6125) Same as 71-6023, but for 1-¼” shafts.
Antenna Extension Kit
|The antenna extension kit can be used with EXT-ANT for maximum radio receiver range.86LM (15′)