When your customers are considering the right garage door for their home, you will need the following:
I. Essential (basic) information:
- Style (model), color and window options.
- Width and Height of the garage opening.
- Headroom – distance from the top of door opening to ceiling or distance to the first obstruction.
- Side-room – distance from sides of the garage door opening, to the left or right, to any obstruction.
- Backroom – distance from header (inside, above door opening) away from the garage door opening to any obstruction.
- Operator needed.
II. Additional information:
- If a lock is required, outside lock or inside slide lock.
- Spring option (torsion or extension) – torsion recommended.
- Track configuration – 15” radius (standard), 12” radius, hi-lift, low-headroom front torsion, low-headroom rear torsion, and available on commercial doors: high-lift above 36”, vertical-lift and follow-the-roof pitch. Also, vertical track mounting options are: bracket, continuous tapered angle or reverse angle.
- Windloading: your job site may be in a county or municipality which requires doors to withstand certain high wind pressures. Ankmar Garage Doors has several windload-certified models available to fit most needs. Please verify the building codes for the job site.